One of the up-and-coming beauty trends over the last years has been the use of oils for beauty purposes. With formulas targeting everything from head to toes - hair to nails to be exact - these oils appear to be able to do anything and everything!
I was skeptical about oils myself for quite a while since I have to cope with really dry and sensitive skin as well as really dry and stroppy hair. But once I tried out my first beauty oil, I was hooked immediately. Since then I have built up quite an assembly of products for everyday use. Let’s have a look at some of my favourites, shall we?
- I discovered this beauty oil called Huile Prodigieuse by a skincare brand called Nuxe during a holiday trip. In the beginning I was not really convinced, but I’ve definitely grown fond of it. This one is a real all-rounder: Suitable for use on face, body as well as hair - it even can be added to your bath for a truly indulgent bathing experience. This has become a real life-saver for me when travelling.
- I only recently discovered this body mist and it became an instant favourite of mine: This light mist of moisturizing oil softens your skin in an instant. Much more easier to use than a lotion and the fragrance is just beautiful.
- For a few months now this incredible styling oil has been one of my favourites as well. In my opinion it is worth to mention at this occasion. No more unruly hair - this leaves your hair shiny and the smell is truly divine.
- When it comes to lip products I certainly try out every single one on the market (at least those I can get my hands on). So of course I had to try this lip treatment oil as well. First of all: It is quite expensive, but this only makes it even more feel like a real treat. You’re bound to feel like a million dollars after applying it, partly because this special Treatment Oil is dispensed via an opulent 24 karat, antibacterial, gold-plated tip to create a soothing effect on the lips. WTF – Way Too Fancy?
- My favourite Hairdresser recommended this cleansing oil shampoo from Shu Uemura. The paraben- and silicone-free formula leaves your hair soft, glossy and manageable. I swear by this product for more than a year now and with great results.
- This one is like liquid gold. It is a real treat and also a constant companion for me. No need to say more. It can be used for next to everything. From fighting imperfections to minimizing scars and stretch-marks. This oil is the dog’s bollocks. I love it.
- When it comes to beauty oils, of course I needed to try a sunscreen oil spray. And, since I don’t like lotions anyway that one is – you guessed it – a real winner. It has everything I need: SPF 30. Easy to apply, weightless and greaseless, perfect for skin and hair and also water- and sweat-resistant. My go-to beach-bag product.
What are your favourite Beauty Oils? If you have another tip for me please let me know. I can’t wait to try out more liquid goodness.